Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 8

Hello Family and my dear friends!
This week has been such an amazing week with Christmas and everyday things as a missionary. It has been really entertaining in reading your emails about what happened on Christmas with the family. I was trying to laugh quietly, since I am sitting in a library. I love you all and I am so happy that you all had a fantabulous christmas!:)
Christmas is a very fun and special time for missionaries. It is a special time where we can teach of Jesus Christ's birth. The new video that came out in November called "He is the Gift", has been an amazing touch to the christmas season. The video really gets to me every time that I watch it with an investigator, less active and members. Every time I watch it, I feel so much peace, and it gets stronger every time. After we watch it, it sets up a perfect opportunity to testify with the strong spirit that is in the room. The church was truly inspired when they were creating that video, no speaking but the music is AMAZING!! I love that video!:)
Sister Ferrari and I have started our third week together after transfers. After getting to know each other better, we have had to work together to put our ideas of missionary work together. It has been super fun to have two trainers! Not very many missionaries have the opportunity to have two trainers. At first it was hard but now I know that Heavenly Father is teaching me to trust in Him and in my self! I love my companion and we are working really hard to get the area under control. She is AWESOME!!! And she is from Argentina... dustin... her accent is so beautiful. She is teaching me spanish, so that I can talk to the people who can only speak spanish when we knock on their doors. Yay for spanish!:) Patience is good.
This week we finally got into the groove and started to pick up on our work. God provided a way for us to reach our goals and to find the TRULY ELECT people to teach. One of the people that we found this week was a lady named Neka. She is Haitian and I love her SO much! We have been helping her to stop drinking and to turn her life around and to help her to continue to have those desires to change. We told her on Friday that we would text her to ask how the party was that she went to since there was drinking there. We texted her the next day, and she said that she decided to stay home so that she could stay away from the temptation. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the words of my dad, life is good. It truly is, when you have someone who is truly ready to change their life and who are trying their best to take the steps to do so, it really makes us excited to see their happiness coming in their face!:) I love Neka!
The highlight of my week was to be able to skype my family. That was a super exciting time for me to see you all. It was fun to see mom as she was trying to talk to me when she couldn't hear me at the beginning, righting on paper and putting it on the screen....:) I love my mom. It was nice to see everyone SUPER happy on Christmas day, gathered together. Family was the best idea ever! I love you all MUCHO much!:)
Hope you all have a fantabulous week!:)
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment