Sunday, December 28, 2014

Crazy Week!

Hi Family and Friends!!

Well, this week has been probably one of the most craziest week of my mission so far. To start, I got a new companion this week at transfers. Sister Hunter and I knew it was coming. So the story is, is that when we had transfer calls last monday night, we were told that we were going to stay together this next transfer, but it didn't feel right to both of us. But, we went through P day thinking that we were going to spend another transfer together, then everything changed that night. After we were done planning that night the phone started to ring, and I looked on the phone and it said "assistant 1". When we both saw the name our hearts dropped. I answered the phone and it was Elder Passy, our AP, he asked for Sister Hunter, I gave the phone to her and he told her that God changed his mind and that she was transferring.... ya sad... So at transfer meeting she ended up going STL (sister training leader) and I get the opportunity to take over our area and be the one that knows things about the area. And I got a new trainer. Her name is Sister Ferrari. She is from Argentina! She is so much fun and she is teaching me spanish so I can talk to some of the people in our area! I really enjoy her!

So that was the event of the week! Anyway, I am so glad that the family is doing SO well! I'm glad that Jack is doing well. Make sure you tease him all the time, EVERYDAY! It's good for him!:) I was really glad to know what was happening with him, it was hard at first but, the work comes first. The call from Sister Richardson was great, Thank you!:) I am grateful for the opportunity to serve here in Florida, because I am doing better things here than I would be doing at home.:) What blessings have you all seen during the last two and a half months? I know I have seen many miracles as I have put God first.

One of the miracles that I have been privileged to see this week is when Sister Ferrari were together our first day. When all seemed lost in that day, we went harvesting, (knocking). We knocked on this Haitian man's house. We asked him if we could pray with him. His face was astonished. Apparently, He has been super sick the last few days and he was ready to give up, and his friend was with him on the phone just before and told him just to pray. Right after they closed their phone call we knocked on the door. His name is Fransua. He is super awesome!! I love him so much. He said he wants to know more and we are going to be working with him this week like crazy. 

Sister Ferrari and I are going to do awesome this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:0)

I am so grateful to be able to work here in Florida to bring others unto Christ!! It has truly been a blessing in my life!:)

I love you all so much!! I'm sorry that this is a short letter, but I wanted to save stuff for the call on Christmas. So I am going to be calling at 1:00 pm Florida time. This is on skype. We only get 40 minutes but it will be super nice to see all of you!! We are calling at a recent convert's home. I will see you guys on Thursday!!!:)

LOVE,
Sister Salmond


Sister Ferrari and me!:) Yes I have to drive now... Florida drivers are CRAZY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment