Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sorry for the late Post! Week 6!

Sorry for the late post. I was gone this week! Enjoy!! - Abby

Hello Family and Friends!!
I love you all so dearly and I love hearing from you all!! It always makes me happy to read your emails and to hear your voice and personality in the email, especially yours Daddy.:) This week has been a good week, Sister Hunter and I have seen blessings coming from every direction this week.
Pretty much every single day last week we had a special thing going every single morning except for saturday. Sister Hunter and I were so sad that we didn't have a "full" day of work. When we only had Four hours of working at night, we tried so hard to find the people that we needed to teach and to meet with our investigators. A miracle that we saw this week happened while we were harvesting. I love harvesting SO much, because the spirit that comes through the prayer softens the hearts of many. But we knocked on a door of a preacher who was Haitian. He was not interested in what we had to say, but he did let us pray with him. After the prayer, He told us that he felt peace and that he wanted us to go and see his friend just down the street. We thanked him and went to go and find this lady that he wanted us to go and pray with. When we went to the house address that he gave us we saw a Haitian family trying to put their christmas lights up. So, Sister Hunter and I offered help and the lady put us right to work. Her kids were the cutest kids ever! The attempted to help, but we got all of the lights done!!:) Afterwards, we went into her house and said a prayer with her and her kids. The spirit was SO strong in that room, we then invited her to be baptized with her kids on the 28th of this month. She smiled and accepted!! YAY!! So we are helping her and her family to prepare for this important time in their life. I love Mama Sinclair and her kids Robuk, Claudia and Wensly. They are all so special to me, I have come to love this Family A LOT!!!:) I now have a strong testimony of referrals and how much they help us to find the people that we need to teach!!:)
Another Family that we are teaching is a part member family. Edwige is a sweet heart! He is ten years old and has not been baptized yet and we are helping him to prepare to be baptized. His mom hasn't been baptized either and we are trying to work with her. Sister Hunter and I have experienced one of the times when you are teaching someone and you know that you were sent here just for them, you promised them in the pre-earth life that you would come and help them to come back to the gospel and to God. Our goal is to get that family sealed in the temple. The three children want that really bad, but we are still working with the mom. We pray everyday that her heart will be softened. It WILL happen!!:)
I cannot express how much I really love this mission. I have learned so much in this mission. The advice that I would give every single one of my friends that are going on missions (Lexi, I know I already put this in your letter...:) ) is this:

 Be excited to represent the Lord, be excited to meet people. There are people in your mission that need your personality and your spirit. Follow the spirit like crazy... like ALL THE TIME!! The spirit is the pinpoint to your success. Always pray and trust in the God, He will take care of you and your companion. There is always a reason to everything... when you see someone outside their house, God put you in their path for a reason, so GO TALK TO THEM!!! Be willing to do everything that you need to do to be EXACTLY obedient. EXACT obedience will bring you to the blessings that will bless you and your companion. Always be happy.  People need your smile and the happy person you are to come to their door to share the restored gospel to them. And last but not least, fall into bed tired EVERY night! Being spiritually exhausted is the bestest feeling EVERWhen you are spiritually exhausted that means that you did your job, spreading the gospel with the spirit of God. The investigators can feel your spirit, they can tell there is something different about you, they want to know why you are so happy! Let them know what the reason is.
I LOVE missionary work!! It has truly been a blessing in my life. I know that I am supposed to be out here in Florida serving all of these people that need the gospel and the happiness that comes from the gospel in their lives.
Have a blessed and fabulous week!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!:)
Love,
Sister Salmond
Transfer calls!!;)
  
Mama Sinclair's children! I love them to bits! ;)
 
Mama Sinclair's Kidz again!:)


Four Christmas trees! Thanks mom!!!

Transfer Calls were last night.... It was intense. But I am staying with Sister Hunter which is great!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment