Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 5!

Hello Family and Friends!!!!

This week has been AMAZING!! Sister Hunter and I had lots of success this week. So we began the week with not really very high numbers on standards. We went to district training with none of us in our district having very good numbers for Monday and Tuesday. Then Elder Hayward (our district leader) and Elder Mendenhall (our zone leader) was SO inspired!

Elder Mendenhall talked to us during our zone companion study with him and Elder Burgoyne. He taught us about taking our mission a day at a time. He showed us how our mission life is just like the earth life in the Plan of Salvation. We just need to focus on our life here in the mission field and try our very best to become more like Jesus Christ and to help others to come unto Christ and to be like Christ. I LOVE that. All of the sisters in our house got to be in the same comp. study and we all needed it. It twas wonderful!!!:) Elder Hayward is our district leader. He is amazing and does an amazing job at helping us to be better as a district. We all worked super hard this week, that we got our investigators at sacrament meeting!! Sister Hunter and I got 4 investigators at sacrament meeting and then two more were late and missed the sacrament. But, we were so humbled about how much we got done this week because we went a day at a time and worked our very hardest each day this week, that we hit standards for numbers. Heavenly Father blessed us with finding the people that needed the gospel this week, so that we could be taught about the Holy Ghost and how much he plays a role in our area.

Sister Hunter and I have found so many people this week that we have 8 new investigators. YAY!!:) Which 2 of them are a family. We found them knocking doors in the ghetto. They are a Kreol family.... but the son knows english.... but the mom, um.... not so much. So Sister Hunter and I asked President if we could learn Kreol, but he said no.... but he will probably put elders in our area after transfers next week. Which is fine, but that means that our part of the area won't have a ghetto.... NO!!!! *sniffles/ pouty face*. But it is ok. I will get over it....:) They came to church and loved it! Wudnerson, (the son), says that if he gets the answer that the church is true and that the Book of Mormon is true he will get baptized on Sunday!! YAY!!:) Alicienne, (the mom), says she wants more time, which is good.:) 

Well Jack, I am sad to say that Darius, the football player, is now dropped. We haven't been able to see  him for two weeks....so we decided to drop him for now and maybe come back later. Hopefully he will come to church and he will want to return and try again to keep on shooting for his goal of being baptized on December 31. He said he played for the palmpanos...... or something like that... sorry I couldn't be of more help Jack.

I have to tell you about one of our Less Actives. His name is James Nappier. He is a veteran and has done absolutely everything! I don't know how he still alive after all of the near death experiences he has had. He has had the back of his calf blown off and been electricuted a lot along with other things. He has lots of animals... chickens, horses, cats, dogs.... so he gets visited by a raccoon a lot. Whenever he kills a raccoon he puts it in the lot next to his house. And that means vultures come and hover.... it is Gross!! But, I love him and he is just so amazing!!:) Picture of vultures will be put in another email....

Then Sister Hunter and I helped to paint the outside of Sister Raines house. It was fun and we got paint all over our selves. We battled with wasps and spiders..... it was the most scariest thing ever. They have huge wasps!!! picture in other email...

I am so grateful that Dad's show went so well!! I miss LDV!! It was such a blessing to be in there right before my mission. I'm so grateful Dad that Allison got the opportunity to participate in the program! She is such a sweetheart and I love her so much!! What she told mom was, "me and Charlet are like this." as she crosses her fingers. It is true. We are super close, we have become good friends from when I went over to her house. And she plays the flute SUPER well!! Whenever I listened to her play, it made me wish that I could play the flute too! But, sadly I wouldn't be as good as her... but that's ok, I will stick to the violin. (FYI for those of you who don't know who Allison is, She is Jonathan's little sister.) 

I have noticed this week how much the Lord has blessed me and Sister Hunter as we go and find people. I love this work. It is a blessing and it is so much fun. I think that when I get home in May of 2016, I will be SO shocked about how many white people there are and no black people.... NO!! I love black people, they are AMAZING and so much fun!:) I love you all!! I hope that everything is going well with Jack. I'm glad he got another part in a play!!! He will do so well! I will keep on praying for him. I love you all so much! Have a fabulous week!!!:)
Love,
Sister Salmond

Companions: Sister Hunter and Sister Salmond


Sushi for Sister Hunter's Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment