Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Two weeks worth

March 17, 2015
Hello Family and Friends!
I hope that you all had a fabulous week!!!! We sure did!! First off transfers.... we had transfer calls last night. Sister Clement and I were dying to know what our fate was. Well, our fate is that we are both staying together and we are staying in the area of Royal Palm Beach. This will be my fourth transfer in this area and this transfer is when I hit my 6 month mark. Oh my goodness! I don't know about yall but time has certainly flown here in Florida!:) So, I'm grateful for the opportunity to stay with my companion and to stay with my area. What is in store for us this transfer?? ooooo..... mystery of life!:)
Anyway, we had a good week last week with meeting with many people. We have been having a hard time finding people in our area still. But, we were blessed to be able to go out and find a young girl named Kacee. She is a sweet girl and we are super excited to be able to start teaching her!
We had an exciting time yesterday doing service for an old lady in our ward. She needed us to come and help her to clean out her house because her house was getting forclosed in the next few weeks. And she is a hoarder..... ya it was pretty exciting.... STORY TIME!
Ok, so we had the job of cleaning out her 40 yr old son's closet (which his room has LOCKED for 2 whole years)... haha you wince now... just wait....:) so we go to move some boxes out of this closet and they were HEAVY and we couldn't figure out why because it was just big empty plastic soda bottles and a few gin bottles..... but when we looked in the box the bottles were full of gross soda and these bottles dated all the way back to 1995.... ummmmm we had to pour it into a bucket, and oh my gosh! It was a terrible smell!!! 20+ yr old soda.... ewe... gag. Sister Clement was laughing at me as I was gagging because it smelled so bad when I dumped the bucket of gross soda in the tub. And then as I was moving the boxes I saw something move in the closet.... I looked again and there were these HUGE cockroaches!!!!!! AHHHH!!! I had a heart attack like 5 times!!! And then there was this HUGE spider! Another heart attack! Ya that was like the funnest, most interesting service project of my life!! Haha.... bugs and rotting soda.... Haha!:) Then we all lived happily ever after.... the End!:)
Cool Story huh? Tehe.:D
A miracle that we had this week was that we were able to go to the Okenyade Families home to Eat and spend time with them! It was super fun! Brother Okenyade is a less active in our ward who we have been working on getting him to church EVERY week, he is getting there slowly but surely. He goes through these phases where he comes to church for 3 weeks and stops for 2 weeks. It is getting shorter everytime. He is going to be completely active by the time I leave this area! Anyway, his wife and daughter are not members, they are starting to be receptive! I'm excited to be able to teach this family!!:)
Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week!!! I love you all!!:) I love being a missionary! It is super fun! And I am grateful to be able to see how Heavenly Father helps us through every single day on our mission. We count our blessings constantly!!:)
Love ya!!
Sister Salmond




March 23, 2015
Hello Family and Friends!!:)
I hope that you all had a fabulous week!! I love being on a mission. I am learning so much on how to be a better example and friend, and how to teach simply. It is so crazy how much you change over a short period of time! We as a companionship were able to see the blessings of this week in the end of the week.

We were blessed with the baptism of Daniel and Lina this weekend. Daniel and Lina are a really cute family with three little kids under the age of three, and they were our progressing investigators for a few weeks. Daniel has a job where he works a lot in Utah, and apparently he is friends with the mission president in Brazil right now. Daniel saw his example along with his family and wanted that for his family. So he came to church and found us and wanted to learn more. We taught them everything and they kept every commitment that we gave them. They are a solid family and they were SO ready for the gospel!! They got baptized on Saturday and they received the Holy Ghost on Sunday! It was such a great opportunity to bring this wonderful little family into the gospel. They are now progressing to go to the Temple and they are super excited to get sealed as a family in a year! Yay!!:)

I was reading this week in Alma 3 and where the Amlicites decided to split up from the Nephites and to be like the Lamanites, and how the people in the church still stayed with the ways of the Gospel. I think of that how us in the Church need to not be of the world... we need to be different from the world, in our actions and the way we look and think. And I love that we as missionaries are representatives of Jesus Christ and we stand out from the rest of the world to show them how wonderful the gospel is and how it will make them different. I love how Daniel was able to see that from the family that he saw in Utah and how he wanted that for his family. It truly is magical!:)
Well I hope that this next week will be fabulous as we cruise into General Conference in a few weeks!! AHHHHH!! I'm super excited! Well love you all!!
Love Sister Salmond
P.s: I forgot the cord to my camera... so... pictures will come next week!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment