Monday, March 9, 2015

Another week in Paradise!!

Hey Family and Friends!!
I can't believe that it is already P-day.... man the weeks fly, because this next week is the last week of the transfer!! AHHHHHH!! So next week p-day is on tuesday.... heads-up. I hope you have all had a fantabulous week!! I have!! We have counted our blessings this week, because Satan is really working on our mission!! But, that helps us to count our blessings when times get a little rough.:) Heavenly Father has really helped us in our area to see blessings!!
One of the blessings happened yesterday actually!!:) We have been having a hard time finding people in our area this week. We decided as a companionship to fast to find a family and to know where we should knock so that we could find our family. And guess what!! By trusting in Heavenly Father that he would lead us to our family, we found them!! Sister Clement and I prayed about where to go to knock and two things came to our minds, Sister Clement: the letter G, and me: Benoist Farms. We looked on the road Benoist Farms and found a road named Green River. We went there and found that it was only a road and there were apartment on the road right next to Green River. I guess that Heavenly Father gave us a general area and He let us go forward in faith to pick which apartments to knock. We picked the one apartment building closest to the road and it was the one that we have not knocked yet. We went to knock!! We knocked and only one door was receptive, and guess who that was? Our familiy!!!! WOOHOO!!:) A lady named Amily opened the door and accepted the prayer and accepted a return appointment! Cool huh? I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to put my FULL faith and trust in Heavenly Father that he would lead us to a family that would accept the gospel!! I love miracles!:)
Another Miracle that happened this week while we were on full-exchanges with our STLs (sister training leaders). I went with one of my really good friends, Sister Ulin. She and I worked in the Stuart North area. It was super beautiful, first of all, because it is next to the ocean! :) Second of all, I met two of the most sweetest men ever!! One of them was a less active named David. David is a older man who is in the rehab center. We went to his room and he told us all about his mother's funeral and how his son called him and so David got to say a few words over speaker phone which was super special to him. We then got to talk to him a little bit about the Plan of Salvation! It was so sweet to teach him that! Then we got to sing I am a Child of God with him and he was trying to remember the words as he sang it with us. I loved it!:)
Then I got to meet Sister Ulin's recent convert, Adam. Oh my goodness! He is super sweet!! He has ADHD and a form of autism and he is in his late 30s. He is a good man. Anyway, Sister Ulin and her companion had to tell Adam ahead of time that her companion was going to be in Royal Palm Beach and that a different sister named Sister Salmond was going to come and teach him. He was super excited to meet us! He called a half an hour before and he asked if we were still planning on coming and then asked if I was there with sister Ulin. It was a fun conversation on the phone!:) When we went to his apartment, the first thing he said to me was that my name was super cool and that everyone should have the last name of a fish. He told Sister Ulin that her last name should be trout. Haha... that made us giggle. We got to teach Adam about the Gospel of Jesus Christ  again and it was super fun to teach it REALLY simply!! It was an adventure!:)
Those two men were the highlight of my exchange!!:)
Sister Clement and Sister Doman (Sister Ulin's companion) then got the opportunity to teach our little family, Danial and Lina's Family. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation. They had lots of questions and it was super good! They set them with a baptismal date for the 21st of March!! Super Exciting!! This Family is really ready!!:)
I love reading the Book of Mormon! I always read something that goes along with my week! I was reading in 2 Nephi 4 and it was when Nephi was talking about putting his trust in God. I love what he said in verses 34 and 35....
"...I have trusted in thee and I will trust in thee forever..... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."
I love that because that is exactly what Sister Clement and I did when we were looking for our family!! We put our COMPLETE trust in Heavenly Father and  we were blessed to find our Family!!:)

Ya... there was a lot this week!! But it makes it more exciting!!:) I love being a missionary and teaching the gospel! I love Heavenly Father and for Him helping us in our time of need!! There are always the little miracles that make your days amazing! I hope you all have a Fabulous week!!
Love
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment