Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Transfer week! AHHHHHHH!

Hello Family and Friends!!
Let me first start with how intense last night was. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! Last night was transfer calls and that was crazy! We were going through the whole day yesterday talking about what was going to happen to us in our zone. Well, my companion, Sister Ferrari, is transferring and I am staying another transfer in Royal Palm Beach! I have had 3 different companions in 3 transfers, which does not happen very often AT ALL. But, with everything that has been happening in the mission, we all knew that this transfer call would be crazy. We had an addition to our mission from the Tampa mission, Fort Meyers. And then we have 21 new missionaries coming in. CRAZY TRANSFER!! I get to go to transfer meeting though! I love transfer meeting!! It is so fun and you get to see everybody!:)
Anyways, this week has been crazy. We have been trying our absolute hardest to finish up the week strongly since we both knew that we wouldn't be staying together. But, Sister Ferrari and I have been SO blessed to have this transfer together! It just flew by... apparently we were having too much fun with each other and with the people in our area. I am also super excited to see who my next companion is going to be and what Heavenly Father has in store for us this transfer!!:)
This week we have been meeting with many of the members in our ward. I love going and seeing those amazing people. They are always VERY welcoming and loving. We got to visit and then Sister Ferrari and I were privileged to teach them about the Restoration of Jesus Christ's Church. I love teaching that lesson. It really shows how much our Heavenly Father really does love us, and how much He wants His children to progress and to know of the truthfulness of the gospel. Just by teaching about the First Vision, I have gained a stronger testimony of the Restoration. And every time that we teach it to members, it helps them to feel of the special spirit that comes from the Restoration. We then asked them how having the restored gospel in their lives has blessed them. They have always said that the gospel has been so helpful for them and the fact that it makes them truly happy. Since it makes them truly happy we tell them that thereare some people in the world that need that happiness and guidance that comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been asking members to pray for that opportunity to find someone in their path that needs the gospel. I love the members in our ward and I am excited to be with them for another 6 weeks!:)

A miracle that we have seen this week was by following the council of Elder Zwick when he came to our mission. He told us sisters that our main focus should be on the Prospective Elders in our wards, because it seems that we have a special "power" that softens their heart to help them to come back to church and to stay active. Sister Ferrari and I decided to go and see a man named Kyle. He is a nice person, he was welcoming and was very receptive. We testified to him the importance of church and how it would bless his life, and we invited him back to church. And guess what.... HE CAME!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so excited and the ward was so excited to see him at church on Sunday. They just took care of him. I love the fact that our ward was super excited to see Kyle at church!!:)
I love you all and I love being a missionary!! It may be hard at times but with Faith in our Heavenly Father.... ANYTHING is possible! I hope you have a great week!! Next week I will report on my new companion!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!:)
Sister Salmond

Last P-Day together

P-Day Lunch



She's still alive!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment