Monday, February 23, 2015

New week

Hello Family and Friends!!
I hope that you all had a fabulous week! I know that we did! We were able to see Heavenly Fathers hand in our lives this week. Even though it has been really cold this week, (yes, I'm turning into a Florida wimp), we were able to get many things done this week.
Church yesterday was super great!! We were able to listen to a returned missionary speak today in our ward!! He just got off of his mission in Ohio just last Wednesday! His testimony was amazing and you could feel the spirit in the room! He talked about the atonement and how it blessed him and the people in the mission. It is super cool listening to a RM speak when you are a missionary. Because everything that he said about being a missionary was so true! I was nodding my head a lot during his talk. It was just peachy!:)
I can't remember if I've already told you this. But, We have been blessed with another family to teach! His name is Daniel. He just showed up to church a few weeks ago and he has loved it. How he came to know about the church was through his job. He went on a business trip to Utah, and one of his co-workers invited him to church and he loved it. He loved how the families were living, and he decided that he wanted that for his family. He came to our building and we are able to teach him now! We found Meet the Mormons on his cable on demand, and he and his family are going to watch it. I'm super happy that this family has the desire to change! They are an amazing family!:)
I love this mission! It is so fun to meet new people and to help them to come closer to Christ! I love teaching! We are able to see so much happiness grow in their lives. Liz is a great example of this. When we first met her and stepped foot in her house, we could feel the contention in the home. But as time went on as we were teaching her, her home's atmosphere totally did a 180. And you can also see it in her family and how much it has helped her to keep her family together. Having the Holy Ghost in her life and her home has helped her to be able to be a good example to her extended family. She has taken all the pamphlets and everything with pictures of Jesus Christ on it, and has put them up all over the house. She is making her home a place where the Spirit can dwell at all times! She always reads her Book of Mormon and the Bible. She is doing everything that she can to come closer the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She is being a good example to her husband and she is helping him to progress toward his baptismal date!:) I love her!
I hope that you all have a fabulous week! Keep on being good examples to others around you!!:)
I love you all!
Love
Sister Salmond

New hair cut
 New companion




No comments:

Post a Comment