Hello Family and Friends!!!!
Due to yesterday being a holiday our p day was moved to
Tuesday (today). Well Hello! And HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! The day of love! Gross.... ;) Well, I will be hitting my four month mark here soon! AHHHHHH!! Time flies when you are having fun!! When you lose yourself in the work, the clock just turns faster! Anyway..... back to the bestest things ever.
This week has been a little crazy. Since Sister Clement came to me at transfers with the flu, guess who got it this week.... me. It was awful. BUT, we got to go and work at the end of the week and Heavenly Father blessed us with New Investigators and with meeting more members! Yay!:)
One of our investigators was actually a former investigator of mine. Mama Sinclair and her Kidz!! oh man, I love this Family. We were wondering who we should go and see since an appointment fell through, and I had the feeling that we needed to go and see Mama Sinclair. We went to her house and she was so excited to see us! She asked us where we went and that she saw our car around the neighborhood and she was wondering why we weren't at her house. She said that she wanted to be baptized and that she would come to church! AHHH! I'm Super excited to start to teach her again. She is the BEST!
Another one of our investigators randomly came to church one sunday because he had a dream that he needed to come to church. Wow. He is now our new investigator and we are SO excited to get to know him!:)
The greatest part about being a missionary is meeting the different people and to learn new things. There is a song that I know you all know that we listen to all the time that I'm sure you all know, Through Heavens Eyes. I love that song SOOOOO much. (It is a recording of it with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so we can listen to it.) Every single time I listen to it, it reminds me of how much you can love a person by looking through heavens eyes. Being here in Florida, with the many kinds of people, you can't judge people by how they look or how bad of a person they are. Being a missionary, whether in the field or not in the field, you should always look at a person and see how much potential they have of changing and being better. Seeing that some of you are taking the opportunity to have some missionary experiences is wonderful! When you help the missionaries to teach them, your job is to share your testimony and to help the investigator to see their true potential. I have seen so many people become truly happy and how much the gospel can help them to be TRULY happy. Be an example and LOVE them! They see a difference, and they want to know why. Loving people is the best!:)
I love you all!! Have a fantastic week!!:)
Sister Salmond
No comments:
Post a Comment