I am happy to report a
good week this week! Many things happened and I would love to share a
few of the special moments in my week.
This
week has been a really trying week for Sister Ferrari and I. We have
been trying so hard to find new investigators but we have had no luck in
finding those individuals that need the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Man it
was super discouraging! But, let me tell you what made the week so
amazing. Less Actives. I cannot express how much I love the less actives
in the ward. I never new how much we touched them until they came and
told us.... let me tell you a few of the experiences.
First
off there is Brother Okenyude. He is Haitian. He has been inactive for
many, many years. Sister Hunter (my last companion) and I went to go and
see him at his home, and he was so nice and sweet! We love him so much.
But, then he called us later and pretty much told us that he didn't
want us to come anymore, and we weren't sure why. So we respected his
decision and decided to try again in a few weeks. But, we had transfers
and everything changed.... Then we were at our North Zone Conference and
He called us after and told us that he wanted to be active again and he
wanted to bring his wife into the church.
Oh my Gosh!!! I
was SO excited because I love that man! He came to church and I told him
how happy and excited I was to see him there, and he took my hand and
shook it.... he said, "thanks for not giving up on me". Wow..... That
made my whole life change. I never knew that just from talking to him
and expressing our love for him and his family and our desire for him to
come to church could make such a difference. He is now coming to church
and is becoming active again!!!!!:)
Then there
is the Sanchez family. They have been inactive for a year and they have
had missionaries over for dinner A LOT. But, she just never came to
church. Then Sister Ferrari and I went to their house and ate Cuban
Food. (fyi: cuban food is super delicious!!!! And Mom, fried platanos,
bananas, are the best!). Our investigator Family came to church after
that and the Sanchez family went up to them and told them to stay active
after their baptism, and they bore their testimonies about how they
were inactive and we brought them back and how they wanted Liz and her
family to go over to their home to eat food with them. WOW!!! God is
amazing!!:) Kill two birds with one stone!! Woot woot!!:)
Then
there is Nancy. I cannot express how much I love that woman!!! I have
loved her since the first moment that I started to talk to her. She has
had many missionaries in the past come and talk to her, but she never
had the desire to go to church. Then Sister Ferrari and I went, She flat
out told us that she wanted to change her whole life! She misses the
blessings of the church and she wants to have a temple recommend again.
And she said that Sister Ferrari and I just clicked with her and have
helped her to realize that..... She came to church with her Jewish
boyfriend!!! YAY!!!:)
God has blessed us SO much with our less actives! When you have faith in God, you can do anything!
The
part that is the golden star of our week was the baptism of Liz and
Nicklus!! IT HAPPENED!! That was the bestest experience that a
missionary could hope for. We changed a families life and their
relationship with the spirit and with God's help!! I feel like how Ammon
felt in Alma 26. In verse 12 it says:
It is SO true!! Without the spirit and the light of Christ and God, I would not be able to do a lot of the things that I am doing right now. God had blessed us with a family, who was prepared by Him to receive the Gospel and to be baptized. Before we found them we had a terrible Sunday where none of our investigators came and they told us not to come back. Our world was tumbling down. I love the verse in Alma 26:27:" Yea, I know that i am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I Can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever."
After so much hardship God blessed us to find Liz and her family outside their house that day. I know that God sent Sister Ferrari and I here to find Liz and her family. We were able to change their life, relationship with each other and to help them to stay together as a family!! God Loves all of us and he wants us to be TOGETHER. Liz, Greg, Nicklus and Marice are now working to help Greg and Marice to be baptized. It will happen!!! When Greg was at the baptism, just watching his wife and son be baptized and the love of the ward by the MANY people there to support them, his heart was softened and he wants to be baptized soon.:)"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
I
LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! Even though it is hard at times, God ALWAYS
blesses you in the end. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic
week!!:)
Sister Salmond
Sorry this one is side-ways...I couldn't rotate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment