Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 10





Hi!
Well, I have officially decided that this week has been a blessing and probably one of the scariest weeks of my life, (as of last night... but more on that in a second...:)). Sorry for the extremely short letter last week, I will make sure that it is at a reasonable length this week.:) The things that I have learned this week is obedience brings blessings, but EXACT obedience brings miracles, and that the spirit is a great tool in keeping us protected.:)
Just to get out of the way the item that happened last night, I will tell that first. Last night at about 5ish, Sister Ferrari and I were driving home. We were in the left hand lane turning left at a light. I had this voice tell me to go into the farthest lane to the right when I turned. I thought, ok..... that is a little strange, but I thought that I should probably do it just in case. The light turned green and I went into the farthest lane to the right... and that is when it all happened. It was like slow motion. The guy next to us lost control of his car and he went over to the left and spun into us. Now before you start freaking out, I would like to just let you know that we both are just fine, just a little sore and that is it. But, he hit us and we pulled over and he did also and told us what happened with his truck. He hit us on the back left bumper and the wheel... which makes so much more sense why I went into the farthest right lane, if I would have gone to the 2nd to last right lane he would have hit the back door on my side and it would have been bad.... THANK YOU HOLY GHOST!!! ALWAYS FOLLOW THE SPIRIT! After that the police came and got the information and made sure that we got home ok (since our tire was dented), in other words he escorted us home watching our tire from the back. I love policemen, they are so nice. After we got home, our zone leaders called us and they came and changed our tire for us since our house was on the way to theirs in Belle Glade. Then the Wellington Elders fixed our bumper in a way to make sure it doesn't fly off the car. Elders are so nice when it comes to helping the sisters. That was one of the eventful times of this week.
We saw SO many miracles this week! Sister Ferrari and I found awesome people who came to church yesterday and they want to be baptized!:) We are working with them and teaching them to help them to keep on having that burning desire.
One of the Ladies that came yesterday is named Christina. She is super sweet! As we were teaching her, we found that she only knew about Jesus Christ and that he died on the cross. That meant that we needed to teach even simpler to help her to understand the doctrines of the gospel. Good learning process for me!:) We found Christina last Sunday. We had a hard time with our invesigators last week, and none of them came to church. We were discouraged and we were starting to doubt our area. But, we both decided that we need to be EXACTLY obedient and just go and knock doors and be happy. We did. And that is when God provided us with a miracle, Christina. She is super shy but we love her and she is solid.:)
Another investigator that we found was Liz and her family. We were just knocking doors and praying with people when we saw Greg, her husband, fixing a bike outside in their yard and we went and talked to him. It just so happens that we came at a good time when times in their family relationship was getting a little bit more difficult. And they had actually met with the Elders two years earlier. So the Lord prepared them to receive missionaries again. Yes!! Life is Good!! Liz came to church and she absolutely LOVED it. She told us that she is totally going to come again next week!! SOLID!!:)
We had the opportunity to have a North Zone Training with Elder Zwick of the Seventy. He was absolutely AMAZING! He and his sweet wife answered our prayers of how to help our area to be more successful. Sister Zwick said something that stuck out to me a lot, "Hard is not bad, Hard is just Hard". It is so true, I have really been able to realize that this transfer A LOT. Even when our area gets hard and everything seems like it is going to fall apart, we can't give up. It seems like the adversary has been working on our mission in discouraging us, our numbers aren't as high as they usually are and we aren't having as much success. But, even if it is hard and Satan is working hard, we as missionaries are the army of God and we just work harder. We as a mission are going to show Satan what is up!:) Elder Zwick talked alot about member missionary work and how much more we need to work more with the members to get the less actives back to church. They are just as important as the recent converts. We need to have a balance of investigators and less actives so that ALL of Gods children will have the opportunity to be truly happy.:)
I love being a missionary! Meeting people who need the gospel has been a true joy and eye opener for me. It is AWESOME!!:) I hope you all have a fantastic week!! I love you!!:)
Love
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment