Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter/ General Conference!!!!
I have to apologize about the short letter last week. There was actually a reason for it.... I having been doing really well with my back for a while, it hasn't been bugging me too bad. But, about 3 weeks ago it started to act up. I just kept on going anyway... which was not the bestest choice that I have made in my life. Sister Richardson and Sister Martin decided to send me do a ortho.... something.... anyway, he kept on lecturing me about how I was too young to have back problems like this and that he wants to know why I am having a hard time. He ordered me to stay home for a week and rest my back. And he sent me to do an MRI. So, I had my MRI last Monday morning at 6:30 AM. Ya, early.... and the doctor was talkative too.... mornings. But, after the MRI I went to the specialist to talk about the results. I have two bulging hernia discs (or something like that) in my lower back. He said that right now it should be good but I just need to not over do it and to do the stretches that he gave me to do. So that is why the letter was so short, it was because I was home all week and nothing was happening. And I didn't want to tell you until I knew for sure what was happening. My amazing companion has been a trooper. She is so kind and she takes care of me and keeps me from overdoing it. But, I'm still going strong and I am doing well!

Wasn't Conference Fantastic! Oh my goodness!! As I was listening to it about marriage, family, fasting, love, having a eternal perspective.... oh my... it was so good! I was able to learn the things that Heavenly Father intended me to learn. I did something different this conference that I have never done before, I wrote down questions on a sticky note. I then prayed about my questions and went into conference with full faith that they would be answered in one way or another! And let me tell ya, they were! It was an amazing experience. My companion, Sister Clement, goes home in October and she is freaking out. ESPECIALLY because of Conference saying get married. Haha...:)
I want to say something about the temples. OH MY GOODNESS!!! The one that is the most amazing is the one in Haiti. I meet and talk with so many Haitians everyday and I know that that is a very special and wonderful opportunity for them! I love the Haitian people! They are probably some of the sweetest people I have ever met!!
I LOVED Sister Burton's talk! It was fabulous! She hit it right on the mark. A strong family NEEDS a worthy priesthood holder in the home!! Father and Husbands are NEEDED!! Coming to Florida and being on a mission, I am able to meet so many different types of situations where there is no father in the home. It is so hard! Being on a mission has raised my desire to have a worthy priesthood holder for my husband. I want those blessings for my future family! I have been able to see how much homes become "brighter" as the priesthood is introduced into the home. The blessings just flow even more.
I also loved Elder Bednar's talk about overcoming our fears. Man, when I first came out I had SO many fears of going up and talking to people I didn't know and when I had to go and knock doors, I was scared to death. But, I have been able to see a change overtime as I have come to enjoy talking to those people and to knock on those doors because I have learned so much about my Savior and His gospel. As I have put my faith in Jesus Christ and have gotten over my doubts of myself as a missionary, I have been able to get over the fears in my heart... and I am able to go out and work with all my heart, might, mind and strength.
As it has been Easter this week, I have been able to study about Jesus Christ this week in my personal study. This week I have learned so much about the pure love of Christ. I have learned more about how much more true the scripture is that says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." As I have read more in "Jesus the Christ", I have been able to see the love of the Savior in every detail. Heavenly Father's plan is all about the love that He has for all of His children, He made it possible for us to be able to return to live with Him again. It is only through Jesus Christ's Atonement that we can return to live with God again.
I am SO grateful for the love of the Savior. I know that He Lives! He is my Redeemer and I am grateful for His love. I love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. Always remember to keep Jesus Christ in our lives EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY! I know that I am supposed to be on this mission. I am grateful for the amazing miracles that I have seen over the time that I have been here in Florida.
I love you all!! Have a fabulous week!!:)
Love
Sister Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment